Diffusers… They are used to disperse the oils into the air we breathe. As our sinuses are the front line to our body, this will be the largest section. Essential oils have the ability to kill all airborne viruses, bacteria, and microbes along with uplifting and calming emotions. Aromatherapy is one of the best uses of essential oils coupled with their use in other areas to replace synthetics in our lives.
If you’ve purchased an ultrasonic diffuser (the kind that needs water) these blends are a perfect choice for you. Some in the list are just one oil blend – the basic rule for combining is one blend by itself or with one (or maybe two) other essential oils. But you really don’t want to combine two blends very often (but I do have to say I like to mix Thieves & Purification, two Young Living blends, when we are fighting germs around here). Use about 2-4 drops of each oil for a total of 6-8 drops – which I find is perfect for diffusing. You’ll love the smell without being overpowered by the strength of the oils.
- Lavender & Stress Away
- Purify blend & Lemon
- Lemon, Lavender & Peppermint
- Stress Blend & Peppermint
- Protection blend & Purify blend
- Lemon & Peppermint
If you don’t have a diffuser you can mix the blends with a cup of distilled water in a spray bottle and spray them all over the house.
Alternatives to an essential oil diffuser
While I love my diffusers and use them every day, there are other ways you can receive the aromatic benefits of essential oils without purchasing a diffuser (but I think you should buy one – they are a fabulous thing to have!).
With these ideas, you can use your oils at home, work, or even in the car.
10 diffuser ideas:
- Inhale the scent directly from the bottle of essential oil
- Put a drop in your palm before rubbing your hands together and cupping your hands over your nose
- Pour hot water into a bowl & add a few drops of oil; cover your head & bowl with a towel and breathe deeply
- Make a reed diffuser
- Rub a drop or two on your neck or wrists
- Purchase or make a diffuser necklace or bracelet
- Mix oils and distilled water in a spray bottle and mist the house
- Put cedar chips in a bowl and add your favorite oils
- Drip essential oils onto cotton balls and place in car vents
- Add to a humidifier or vaporizer (not for thick oils)
By keeping a spray bottle handy for around the house, wearing a diffuser necklace, or even putting some scented cedar chips in a closet – you can use essential oils in a variety of ways. Your house will smell fresh and clean without the need for chemical-laden air fresheners with the added benefit that you are supporting your health and well-being.