This Weeks Stoplight – Headaches
Spotlight – Headaches
A few years ago I was searching for the answer to my autoimmune symptoms and had a terrible headache. My friend offered me some peppermint oil as a remedy and I honestly thought she was crazy! But, I put it on my neck and a few minutes later my headache was gone.
I was hooked on essential oils from that point on because I realized I could build an all-natural medicine cabinet with oils!
We all get headaches now-and-then, so I’ve got some natural essential oil remedies that will help kick that pain to the curb.
Here are my top 6 oils for headaches:
- Peppermint – Rub 1 drop of peppermint on the base of the neck, or on the exact area where it hurts. Repeat 30 minutes later if needed. A drop of peppermint to your water adds calming to your stomach as your senses.
- Deep Blue, Basil, and Frankincense – This combo is for those intense, one-side-of-the-head headaches. Use 1 drop of each and rub over the area where it hurts.
- Zendocrine – Had a bit too much to drink? Drop 2 drops of Zendocrine under the tongue. This will help the liver detox more quickly to help relieve your headache. This oil is also great to use the week before your period to ward off any hormonal headaches.
- Lavender – This oil is great for tension headaches. Apply 1 drop of lavender to the area where it hurts.
- Eucalyptus – For sinus headaches, rub 2 drops of eucalyptus with a teaspoon of fractionated coconut oil and rub over the sinuses, temples and nose.